90 percent of my diet is mainly vegan. On the one hand for ethical reasons, on the other hand, because plant-based dishes are usually satisfying enough for me. These are also significantly more cost-effective. Nevertheless, I sometimes love meat or fish, but it is important to me that these are high-quality. One of my absolute favorites is tartar in various varieties. Today I share with you my recipe for Tuna Tartar with Grilled Watermelon and Cucumber Ginger Broth.
During my vacation on the island Sylt this summer there was in the Kamp’ner Pesel, by the way very recommendable, a delicious salmon tatar with cucumber broth. The broth with the tartar was a revelation. Not only did it flatter the eye because of the fresh color, it gave the dish a special freshness. Here I was inspired for my recipe for Tuna Tartar with Grilled Watermelon and Cucumber Ginger Broth. I admit I love tuna way more than salmon, although salmon is highly recommended because of its omega-3 fatty acids.
For good fish, you should definitely look for the fish supplier you can really trust. For those among you, same as me, that are not frequent fish-eaters, you can be very sensitive towards the taste of fish. Only really fresh fish does not have this penetrating taste.
Tuna Tartare with Grilled WatermelonPrint This
What do you need for Tuna Tartar with Grilled Watermelon?
- 10 ounce Tuna Filet Sushi Quality
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1.7 ounce Tamari or Soy Sauce if you are not gluten free
- 1/4 red Chili Finely chopped, no seeds
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Pepper – For seasoning
Cucumber Ginger Broth
0.35 inch Ginger
0.35 inch Horse Radish Or you can use Wasabi
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
How to make Tuna Tartare with Grilled Watermelon?
- Cut the tuna into pieces about 0.35 inch. Ask when purchasing, maybe your dealer will cut it for you. Cut the watermelons into even slices about 1 inch cm thick. Remove the pulp from the peel.
- Heat a grill pan and lightly brown the watermelon from both sides, and leave to cool.
- After the watermelon has cooled down, cut into pieces about o.35 inch, as well as the avocado. Mix everything in a bowl.
- Wash the cilantro, peel the leaves and chop them slightly. Put in the bowl with the tuna, avocado and watermelon. Add the tamari, finely chopped chili and the juice of the lime. Mix well.
Cucumber Ginger Broth
- Wash the cucumber and cut into small pieces. Peel and grind the ginger, just like the horseradish. If you do not get horseradish, just add some wasabi. Pour all ingredients into the blender and thoroughly mix at the highest level. Taste and add some salt.
- Put the tuna tartar on a deep plate, works especially well with a serving ring. Pour some Cucumber Ginger Broth around the tartar, serve and enjoy!